Pentosan Platinum is a sterile solution formulated as an aid in the treatment of noninfectious inflammatory joint disease in horses. It is indicated as an aid in the treatment of non-infectious, inflammatory joint disease in the horse. Clinical applications include the following conditions: osteoarthritis, osteochondritis dissecans (OCD), traumatic joint and periarticular inflammation. If used in performance animals, the regulations of the relevant authorities regarding medication should be observed. It is used to treat pain/ discomfort from a certain bladder disorder (interstitial cystitis). It may work by forming a layer on the bladder wall and protecting it from harmful/irritating substances in the urine. Pentosan Platinum Pentosan Platinum
• Anti-inflammatory activity Pentosan Platinum
• Inhibition of neutrophil migration into the joint.
• Stimulation of hyaluronic acid synthesis by synovial fibroblasts, resulting in increased volume and viscosity of synovial fluid. Pentosan Platinum
• Stimulation of proteoglycan synthesis by chondrocytes.
• Fibrinolytic activity, resulting in improved circulation to subchondral bone and periarticular structures.