– Fatrocortin is a solution of dexamethasone (16-α-methyl-9-α-fluoro-prednisolone) potent corticosteroid of gifted synthesis, with respect to natural cortisone and corticosterone precursors, with an intense anti-inflammatory and neoglucogenic activity with lower effects on metabolism water and saline.
– The liver and mammary gland represent at the same time the main target organs of dexamethasone and the place of its metabolization.
– Elimination is done through urine, feces and milk. By the renal route, dexamethasone is eliminated partly free, partly as metabolites and partly in conjugated form.
INDICATIONS for fatrocortin:
Dexamethasone is indicated for the treatment of inflammatory, metabolic syndromes and allergic manifestations in bovine, suino, equine, canines and felines, particularly in cases of:
- acetonemia (ketosis)
- rheumatoid arthritis
- disease of edema in the pig
- allergies and itching without infection
- dog dermatosis
- control of inflammatory and stressful components (in association with antibiotic treatment) during the course of bacterial infectious diseases
- Acute mastitis of the cow and the sow.
COMPOSITION for fatrocortin:
Active substance : Dexamethasone 1 mg – Excipients: csp 1 ml.
TARGET SPECIES AND DOSE for fatrocortin:
Cattle – suinos – horses – dogs and cats.
Administer intramuscularly or intravenously. In inflammatory forms of the extremities, intra-articular injection is advisable. Administer every 24 hours.
Adult cattle and horses: 10 ml (0.05 – 0.04 mg / kg pv eq at 0.02-0.04 ml / kg pv / day)
Calves, sheep and suinos: 5 ml (0.05 – 0.1 mg / kg pv eq at 0.05-0.1 ml / kg pv / day)
Canines and felines: 0.5 – 1 ml (0.05 – 0.2 mg / kg pv eq at 0.0-0.2 ml / kg pv / day)
Treatment should be carried out under the direct responsibility of a veterinarian.
WAIT TIME for fatrocortin:
Cattle and sheep: meat 12 days, milk 48 hours
Horses: 60 days.
Suinos 4 days
CONTRAINDICATIONS for fatrocortin:
The administration of dexamethasone or glucocorticoids is contraindicated in animals with diabetes mellitus, osteoporosis, kidney conditions, heart failure, corneal ulcers, gastric, duodenal, glaucoma.
Infectious diseases should not be treated with corticosteroids, unless simultaneously accompanied by a specific anti-infective therapy.
Do not use in animals with hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of its excipients.
Dexamethasone should not be administered in cases of systemic thrombocytopenian.